What is banking?
Banking involves a variety of financial services. From providing a secure place for customers to store their money to providing loans and other financial services, banks are amongst some of the biggest companies in the world.
- Credit Manager
- Customer Adviser
- Business Advisor
- Retail Bank Manager
What skills do you need to work in banking?
- Numerical dexterity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use banking software and information technology
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Where do banking professionals work?
Banking professions will often specialize in one of the following areas:
- Retail banking
- Corporate finance
- Investment banking
Typical work activities
- Serving customers
- Handling cash and recording receipts and payments
- Advising customers on banking products
- Selling products to customers
- Managing, training and recruiting employees
- Making investment decisions
Find out more