What is Engineering?
Engineering is a branch of science and technology concerned with the design and build of engines, machines, structures and other products. Relevant industries include: construction, telecommunication, energy, mining, pharmaceuticals etc.
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
What skills do you need to work as an Engineer?
- Excellent numerical ability
- Scientific and analytical mind
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Competent user of IT
- Good communication skills
Where do Engineers work?
Engineers are in demand both in the public and private sector. Engineers usually specialise in a particular field of engineering such as: aeronautical engineering, automotive engineering, broadcast engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering or mechanical engineering.
Typical work activities
- Developing detailed designs
- Undertaking complex calculations and analysis
- Making risk assessments
- Managing budgets
- Working as part of a project team
Find out more
- Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers
- Society of Aerospace Engineers of the Philippines (SAEP)
- Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. (IIEE)
- Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. (IECEP)
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) – Which Area of Engineering?
- Free Course – Introduction to Engineering Mechanics