What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that works with people to identify and maximise their ability to move and function. Physiotherapy plays a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.
- Occupational Therapist
- Sports Therapist
What skills do you need to work as a Physiotherapist?
- Enjoy working with people
- Good problem solving skills
- Interest in human anatomy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
Where do Physiotherapists work?
Physiotherapists work in a range of settings including: hospitals, health centres, industry, private practices and sports clubs.
Typical work activities
- Listening to and interpreting patients requirements
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries
- Development of rehabilitation programmes
- Monitoring and recording patients well-being
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Educating and advising patients
Find out more