What is Teaching?
Teaching involves the provision of education to children and/or adults.
- Teaching Assistant
What skills do you need to work in teaching?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Problem solving skills
Where do teaching professionals work?
Teaching professionals generally work in public or private learning institutions. Some teachers may also work as self-employed tutors. Teachers will often specialise in one of the following areas:
- Early years education
- Primary school education
- Secondary school education
- Adult education
Typical work activities
- Planning lessons and curriculum
- Leading learning activities
- Motivating pupils
- Maintaining discipline
- Assessing and monitoring pupils development
- Providing written and verbal reports to pupils, parents and colleagues
Find out more