Have you ever wondered if the way you treat people affects your chances of finding a job?
In this article we define what is meant by manners and how you can apply good manners to help you find a job.
What is the definition of manners?
a person’s outward bearing; way of speaking to and treating others.
Why do manners matter?
Employers value people who have good communication skills, who are respectful and polite to those around them. In essence, employers value people who have good manners. People with good manners are able to build strong working relationships, and strong working relationships can help to contribute to the success of an organization.
Do you have good manners?
Below are some examples how you can demonstrate that you have good manners:
- Respect the organisation or recruiter by not sending a generic application or CV.
- Research the role and the organisation and demonstrate your knowledge in your application and interview.
- Arrive in good time (early) for the interview and ensure that your cell phone is switched off and out of sight.
- Be polite and courteous to ALL employees of the organisation.
- Say “please” and “thank you.” Thank the interviewer when you get the call to schedule an interview. Thank whomever interviews you on the day of the interview. Send a follow-up thank you letter or email after you have the interview. Remember that expressing gratitude can help the employer to form a good impression of you.
To find more careers advice visit: Careers Advice
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in the Philippines visit: www.philcareers.com